View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Wow, for this Texan, the first thing I thought of was the Confederate States of America and I haven't lived in the south for over 40 years. I immediately pictured a man in a gray woolen uniform and a long rifle standing at the Monty door holding it open and declaring, "Yep, I shorely think, dis ole rig'll do me jes fine!".

But after thinking about it for a while, it's probably the CSA (Canadian Standards Association). I believe the CSA inspection and labeling occurs at RV dealers, or if purchased in the U.S. must be inspected and stickered prior to being allowed to be used by a Canadian owner. I don't think Keystone does anything special at the factory, but if something is missing, modified or has a problem it gets taken care of before the sticker can be applied.

I would be curious what is the difference between the CSA and what the DOT requires. (We know they don't cover tires very well except they must be round, have some tread and be stamped with arbitrary(?) ratings on the sidewall.)
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote