View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 05:03 AM   #16
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Will,

On top of the pump motor is a solenoid switch. That switch is wired to the wall switch which signals the solenoid switch to reverse the polarity to the motor. The pump is designed to pressurize the fluid equally from both ports no matter which way it rotates. However, the pressure rating is governed on each port by the pressure relief valve in each port.

Almost all of you with the later model Parker pumps have a psi rating of 2200 psi. The pump in my unit is rated at 2800 psi on the extend side because of the hydraulic legs but, only 2200 on the retract. It also has a larger reservoir because now this pump has to supply enough fluid to extend 4 slide rooms and 2 hydraulic landing gear legs. There are 2 14" stroke cylinders in each leg. So, you could imagine that, by the time I get the 2 legs extended and the coach leveled, then go extend all 4 slide rooms, I have used a goodly portion of the fluid in the reservoir.

I don't know exactly how much that would be but, I know that when everything is retracted and then I extend the legs and rooms, the fluid level drops about an inch and a quarter.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote