View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 01:56 PM   #14
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MIMF

Hey hey gang,

The technology is available to operate each individual slide room, hydraulic landing gear legs and hydraulic rear stabilizers all with one pump.

If you ever get the chance to look at a late model DoubleTree Mobile Suite, Select Suite Elite Suite, or a Forest River Day Dreamer, you will be able to understand how it is done. These units are an example of the technology and parts that are used to operate 2,3 or 4 slide rooms, front landing gear legs and rear stabilizers from one (1), yes I said one (1) pump.

Everything is simply plumbed basicically to a manifold with a cluster of 12 volt coil-valves. 1 coil valve controls one object. What I mean is, there is a coil-valve for each room as well as a wall switch for each room. There is a coil-valve for the front landing gear legs as well as a switch on the front corner and a coil-valve and switch for the rear stabilizers.

When you touch any one of those switches, 2 things happen. The pump fires and the coil-valve opens and sends the pressurized fluid to the cylinder that the coil-valve controls. Of course, keep in mind that depending on which end of the toggle switch you press, you are sending a signal to the 1 solenoid switch on the pump motor as to which way it needs to rotate to make whatever you are operating to move in the correct direction. This is all being done in a milisecond.

That is pretty much it in a nutshell. To see these systems in action is a thing of beauty....a poetic dance.... a sight to behold!!

So, as I said. The technology is there. You can control as many different things as you want with 1 pump and the proper electronics. It's available to Keystone. It is very expensive!

You all can bet that, some day I will have a unit that can do the poetic dance. Whether I have to "special order" it or take one right off the lot. I pray that within the next couple of years or so, Keystone sees the light.
Just curious, does the hydraulic system on the Keystones operate the slides in and out by reversing the pump? Looks like a reversing solenoid mounted on the pump unit in our Mountaineer. I replaced a cylinder back in the summer, but I didn't dig around in the system too deep. I would think if you could find those 12v solenoids wholesale, you could put together that package pretty reasonable. I don't really have a need for it on our unit (only two slides), as we can access everything with the slides in. But, I have seen some units where they would be nice.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote