View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 01:37 AM   #19
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I would like to personally acknowledge the assistance that H. John Kohl and others have provided to me in this endeavor. In a phone call last night I think I have reached a conclusion that I believe is the best situation for me personally. HJK provided an invaluable service in listening and letting me guide myself through the process with his experience offered as guidance. I have decided to go with the hard-wired Progressive industries Energy Management System 240V/50A - LC HW 50 with remote display installed in the rig in conjunction with a Hughes Autoformer (thanks Glenn) and will be using a Kipor IG3000 Electric Start Generator (thanks Dave - Dsprik). The EMS will be installed in between both the generator and the shore power inputs (Iota Box in Battery Compartment) and the rig's fuse panel much as HJK has done previously with his hard wired Surge Guard. His previously posted photo's were fantastic and invaluable. The Autoformer will be installed prior to the Iota box on the Shore feed only and will have detachable hookups to allow for generator hookup. Generator will be permanently mounted in the truck bed with a hookup plug installed beside the door of the battery compartment in the front of the rig that will allow for hookup to the Iota box after disconnecting the Autoformer. This will allow use of the generator from both the front and rear of the rig with surge protection on both. Autoformer will be used on shore connection from the rear only. All installation will be inside the battery box. HJK, I truly appreciate your time. The invaluable input of all is appreciated, this is what makes this forum GREAT!!!!! Once installation is complete, I will post pictures for informational purposes. If anybody sees any problems, please, please let me know as I will be placing the orders for everything this evening. Ozz, Ozzie, Richfaa, others?????
Bingo
On edit: H. John, if I am not describing this right, please chime in.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote