View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 07:34 PM   #17
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
I think we need to take a breath and think about what State Parks and COE Parks are designed for. Camping!, and what most of us are now doing hardly resembles camping. We're not towing campers, we're towing mobile homes. Some people even seem insulted if you don't refer to their rig as a Coach! Now I'm not saying that I wouldn't like my rig to fit anywhere I want it to, but I'm not expecting the government to spend crazy money to accommodate a very small percentage of its patrons. I would however like to see a little common sense utilized when designing or remodeling facilities. How many times have you gone to a lake, and more than half of the sites don't have a lake view? How about the spindly tree or site number post that offers nothing other than to be an obstruction to your entry or ability to open your awning? Future trends in camping will influence decision making, and James' idea to make ourselves heard is not without merit, just don't expect to see much change. I would say that for the~$20 or 1/2 that with a pass we are still getting an exceptional entertainment value!
Theunz is offline   Reply With Quote