View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 05:44 AM   #23
TMerrell
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7988
We have the electric awning and love it. We have not had the problems with it bouncing around in light to moderate winds like Bogeyplus. It seems to take the wind about the same as an un-anchored manual model. Although, we us it a lot more than we did the manual model. Like many of you, if the wind even looks like it is going to be a factor, I retract the awning. I tend to put the electric awning out a lot faster after the wind dies down. Mainly because it is so easy. The other difference is my wife RV's sometimes by herself (due to my job) and she put the manual model out once and vowed never again. Now she uses the electric awning all the time. Only disadvantage I can find to the electric awning is if you are the kind of RV'er that likes to put it out, anchor it, and not worry about it (much), the electric awning may not be for you.

Bogeyplus, somebody may have already covered this, but you might want to get the dealer to look at the tension and the shock absorbers. Sounds like either the tension is too loose to start with or the shock absorbers are not dampening the wind correctly.
TMerrell is offline   Reply With Quote