View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 08:17 AM   #8
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by timandsusan View Post
.... Same goes for the mapping software in Ford products--upgrades are out of sight. Why didn't Ford just get a deal with Garmin and upgrades would be virtually free. OK--Ford will not make as much $$$$$. My rant is over now!
GM and Ram are the same as Ford about having to buy the expensive map updates, even though Ram updates are thru Garmin according to their web site. All about $150 unless you can catch a special sale on them. I do still have older Garmin that I still get free updates and do so at least yearly even though I almost never use it. But it does require an internet connection to do the updates. That would be a problem for updating a vehicle GPS.

I prefer using my built in GPS over having a separate monitor sitting on the dash and hiding it when I am parked. I only update the maps about every 2-3 years. Major routes just don't change that much.

My daughter just bought a 2020 Chevy Colorado. It does not have a built in GPS. BUT. She can connect her phone via USB to the infotainment system and display google maps from the phone on the truck display. Now that is a great feature as maps are always up to date.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote