View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 05:56 AM   #21
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
We are happy with our '2014 343RL.

It's a very early build '14 which means that it has some 2013 features such as bo pantry (grrrr) and a two door bathroom which means no bigger shower (sigh).

- It has 100% frameless windows.
- It has a combination of solid and coated plywood cabinet

- It has a full counter, not an island to suit my wife
- It has a 10 gallon HW heater so I can take a REAL shower, not a navy shower

- It has lots of storage space for a non full timer
- It has 4 slides and lots of inside room

I've added disc brakes, a second a/c and upgraded the puny Keystone supplied suspension.

A few things we don't care much for:
- The furniture was completely uncomfortable, was sold and has been replaced with the exception of the DR table and chairs
- The poor quality carpet has worn out and will be replaced with solid flooring.
= The 13 foot long LR slide sags from a failed slide bar. That will be corrected by installing rollers as adjusting the cables tighter wont cure that problem. A 13 foot cable operated slide, IMO, is just too much for that system. The other 3 slides, at ~7 feet - just fine. Especially the BR which has rollers(???).
- China Bomb tires but were replaced immediately with LTs

We have towed the rig about 27,000 miles (see the sig map) with nary a problem that would stop us more then a few minutes.

Would I buy another HC - probably, but we would look at other brands, including the non HC Montanas just in case it had better livability and/or better quality features
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote