View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 07:27 AM   #5
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Your Montana unit is 9 years old and getting older. Big ticket failure items include the Frig, where a new cooling unit and install labor would pretty much be more than your premium cost. My replacement was $1800 plus three hours labor. For me, was still under warranty. That would pay for your premium. I have lost AC units, MW units, and black Tanks over the years. Extended Warranties are great if you can use reliable mobile techs, rather than dragging to a dealership. Factors to consider, how long do you intend to keep the rig, how good are you at doing your own repairs, what exactly does the warranty cover. I have never had an extended warranty, lost a dometic AC over the summer this year, $700 bucks out of pocket to buy one, and a 12pack of beer each for two buddies who helped me get the old one down and the new one up. Lots of folks have and like them, lots of folks think a waste because never used them. If you feel comfortable go for it. But don't go by price alone, go by the specific coverage offered.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote