View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 07:32 PM   #3
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
I have seen a few examples of basement garages on Class A but they were all custom and mega $$$$. As DLScott mentioned there are some other 5ers out there built very similar to the 380/381TH. HOWEVER, only the 380/381TH has a full 10' long garage!

I actually designed this floor plan for Grand Design but could not get them to make the garage a full 10' so our kayaks would fit. Therefore we bought the Keystone. Only the 380/381TH allows you to carry BOTH a motorcycle AND kayaks. You can also carry a jet ski or a trail sized side by side. If your less than 10' ONLY thing your carrying is a motorcycle!

We dearly love our 381TH despite what the uppity Montana owners say about High Countries! Having said that if the start building a wide body high end model in the same floor plan (with perhaps a wider garage on a wide body?) then we will gladly trade in the 381TH. Until then the snooty Montana owners (not all of them but they know who they are) can bite it. Besides when the million dollar Class A diesel pusher pulls up with the 24' enclosed toy trailer (with matching paint scheme of course) pulls up nobody with a 5th wheel is going to be bragging..........

If your on a budget and need the full 10' long garage, buy the 381TH. If you have the resources have New Horizons build the same floor plan on a wide body 5er for you (wish I had known about them before we bought the 381TH to be honest). If you have unlimited cash to throw away buy a Class A diesel pusher with a matching enclosed trailer (I will be the green guy next door when you pull up!).
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote