View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 05:32 PM   #25
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Not sure what you mean mean by "pause" If you means it stops working, you let up off the slide switch and in 10 or 15 seconds it works again...Yes it is a ckt breaker and I am not saying it is normal because I don't know but it is a common occurrence. We have the 3400 with 4 slides and we will bring in a couple of slides then let up on the switch, bring in another one, let it cool then bring in the main slide. We have not had a "pause since we started doing that..
________________________________________Rich& Helen N.Ridgeville,Ohio.

Nothing wrong with a 80 amp circuit breaker. the number only represents the amount of current that can go through the breaker before it gets too hot and trips. Our trailer came with a 50 amp breaker for the slide pump, but during the cold weather I found the slide pump was using 60 to 65 amps. therefore tripping the breaker. As Dale said 100 amp might be too high for the pump, but 80 seems to work OK. I had to parallel two 40 amp breakers (couldn't find a 80 amp breaker where I live).

J&D

If you start having trouble with you’re slides, where if trying to bring them in, or out and they won’t shut off, and won’t reverse hurry up and disconnect the batteries to avoid damage to the pump.

Then disconnect and remove the center heavy gage wire on the solenoid located on the pump and then replace the wire, and reconnect the batteries if this solves your problem great, if not you may have to replace the solenoid.

Dealer sent out a technician to make house call, and he found out that the solenoid was bad on one side and needed to be replaced, glad we found problem while at home, and not on the road.

________________________________________William & C.J. Young
05 3400RL

We too had the problem with the slides while bring them in, or out where we had to let up on the switch, and letting the breaker cool then finish the other slides.

As I stated above we had trouble with the slides not stopping, and wouldn’t reverse direction with the switch. Now that the solenoid has been replaced we have run the slides in and out over seven time with no pause, or stopping and the breaker has not tripped one time which is really great.
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote