View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 04:46 AM   #51
Bama Camper
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15888
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kozzy

...I did cut some louvers out of the caps, every other one, on 3 of the caps.
I'm interested in modifying my duct covers as well, for the same reasons you listed, and had planned to replace them with the covers others have found from a third party. But, after reading jameswbarton's post about the system specs, I'm was thinking complete removal may be the way to go. But now, after further consideration, I'm wondering if a mix of both might be best. In my bathroom, which has the original duct cover (non-adjustable), I freeze my buns off when the AC is on, but at the same time the main living area is still warm. A problem of distribution with no way currently to adjust it. So, I'm thinking of complete removal of some duct covers, partial removal of the bathroom cover, and more removal of the bedroom cover slats.

A couple of questions for you - jameswbarton, does complete removal of the duct cover make a "cold-spot" directly under the open duct?
kozzy - how did you remove the slats from the cover - Dremel tool? In place?

While I would like to take advantage of a system that works within it's specified range, I would also like to adjust the distribution better. Even though the adjustable covers allow for better adjustment, it sounds like they might still restrict the air flow too much.
Bama Camper is offline   Reply With Quote