View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 10:13 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I replaced the front and rear decals on my 2007 three years ago. The MONTANA names came off fairly easily using a heat gun on low and a plastic scraper. Basically lift an edge and slowly pull while heating and they came off in somewhat large pieces. But the mountains was another matter. They were dry and cracked so bad they only came off in very small pieces. I bought a 3M Eraser Wheel to use in my drill and make the job much easier. But you do need a good corded drill. A battery powered drill would go thru batteries too quickly.

With the eraser wheel, a lot of the adhesive came off with the decal. But a lot was left also. But a can of 3M Adhesive Remover took that off fairly easily. I would hold an old towel below a section of the adhesive, run a bead of remover across and above that adhesive, let it sheet down over the adhesive, and soak into the towel. Then use the soaked towel to wipe off the adhesive. The remove would basically melt the adhesive and it would soak into the towel.

There was a faint outline of the old decals, shiny where they were, dull where they were not. BUT. That made it easy to locate the new decals when applying them. Putting the new ones on was not too difficult. But you do need to be careful as when they stick, they are not easy to lift and rearrange. The "hinge" method (google it) worked well for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	872  
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote