View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 05:06 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Ok, here's the deal. We started with a Wingard Carryout and it worked great. Had a ground mount and a mount for our ladder and it got HD fine. The only problem was that it only got one satellite at a time, so you could watch different shows in both parts of the rig, but they had to come from the same satellite. With the two receivers we also couldn't record on one and watch on the other. We've now gone to the roof mounted Winegard Traveler which can see all three satellites at the same time and a Dish Hopper with a Joey in the bedroom and so we can watch anything anywhere and what we record on one can be watched on the other. The only issue with that system is that you have to choose your spot and your location in it based on the antenna being able to see the satellites. I use a dish pointer app on my phone that shows me the satellites thru my camera so I can see if something is actually in the way to solve that issue.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote