View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
Gramps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8903
Dad passed on Friday the 13th

Dad passed on the 13th after a long stretch of failing health. He and I were never the close best friends that a lot of people talk about, when reflecting with family and friends, it's amazing what an impact he really had on my life.

He was a Marine during WW II in the South Pacific, a combat photographer. Went into the Marine Reserve after the war and later the Air Force Reserve. He was a photographer, an architec, a private and commercial pilot, a body and fender mechanic, a machinist, and a teacher, giving photo classes and teaching kids at the local schools how to build balsa models. Not bad for a guy with only an 8th grade education. He introduced me to so many new things and made me aware of the importance of hard work and doing a job well, as well as seeing the job through to the end.

He was also a 38 year veteran of the local Fire Department, and on March 2nd at 12:14 the Fire District paid him the ultimate tribute by sounding the Alarm tones for his last call and declared his service complete.

Thanks, Dad for making me who I am. Rest in Peace, You've done well.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote