View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We were not pleased to give up our Mor Ryde IS system but we did get more on a trade in because the unit had it. we seriously considered Upgrading the 06 3400.Complete new set of graphics, G6- 14 tires,we even spoke to Lippert about installing the level up system.

The double fridge was a upgrade Helen had wanted for a long time and the extra vanity and sink was appealing to me. We also realized the value of a fireplace that we did not have in the 06.Compared to the 06 the 13 is much better built. Better insulation, better fit on the slides with the double seals.We can now claim the " warm and toasty" tag.Everything about the 13 3402 is a upgrade from the 06 3400.
When we did all the numbers going with a new RV was not a big jump.

However had we known we would have waited till the "new" line of Montana's came out..12 inch frame, full time package, etc.In fact the new Montana makes my new 2013 3402 sort of obsolete.I was not happy about that at the Rally and let Aram know...Oh well that's life.

I am not the only forum member that checked their shackle bolts and found then NOT to be anywhere near 60lbs. Tank gages have been a historical issue on just about all rv's since day one. The wall paper along the stove BTW is no longer there.They did not even have it to replace it at the rally. Rusting lug nuts seems I have seen that mentioned here many times. The service center said the propane regulator works and it does but how many of you have one that reads half red and half green??? The crushed valve stem according to Goodyear who replaced it free of charge was improperly installed.We have the stem. That tire change along the road was not a good experience. Montana and I will have a chat about that. We are not unhappy with the Rv but I have aalwys been on to hold Keystones feet to the fire for these workmanship issues.We will spend some time at the Service center when we get home and the guys will as usual put the unit in the condition it should have been when it left the line.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote