View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 06:01 AM   #50
Mr. C
Established Member

M.O.C. #21177
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinbaja View Post
I have an 07 f250 with greater than 163k miles and it is strong pulling my 34rl Montana.. It has begun to nickel and dime me a bit. I had the hoses, belts and fluids all changed at about 100k miles. I have experienced, oil and fuel leaks that have interfered with trips, and replaced all the steering parts. These issues are a bother and an expense but the thought of the cost of a new or even newer used truck is outrageuos. I plan making 400k miles before being burried in this truck.
Just sold an extra Reese 20k 5th wheel hitch I had to a Hot shot driver. He had a 2010 F350 that just rolled over 585k miles on it. He said that he'd had only minor problems and normal maintenance that wears out on it. He had just traded up to a small Freightliner because of the weight he sometimes pulled. He said that he had spent more on it breaking down the last month than he had on his F350 the last 3 yrs. So you never know. Nickle and dimes are cheaper than $$$ for a new truck payment. There is nothing that guarantees the new truck will not break down also.
Mr. C is offline   Reply With Quote