View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #14
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Kerry, now that's what I am talking about... I need the vent open/close and fan switch both on the wall. Just didn't want to spend a fortune on it. Also, any install on that side sloping roof (a 3400 bathroom vent, for instance) requires a modified install of the vent shroud. You have to cut the shroud at an angle to match the roof angle.

May have to just break down and spend some bucks. Another problem is that the vent covers are terrific to have over the BR vent in particular, as it can be used when raining. I believe most FF units will not work under a vent cover. My oem crank up vent will not even go up all the way inside my Ramble vent cover and I think a FF is even larger.

But, if the FF would work under a vent cover - it would have to have a way to control how far it opens - I could get around the price and the difficult install.

*On edit ~ I also believe that FF states specifically NOT to use with a vent cover, although they may be alluding to their "rain sensing" models and I know they have the "non-rain sensing" also. I believe, but not sure, that they said something about voiding the warranty. Again, this could be with the rain sensing models only. It would obviously defeat the purpose putting a cover over one of those...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote