Toilet does not vent properly
Awful smell after flush
Not your normal septic smell almost sweet ugly
Tried Unique RV Digest-it
Poured water down vent stack
Replaced vacuum check valve on flush system
Flush and run
What could it be ?
Similar issue for us was mostly solved by a wind vane attached to the top of the bathroom vent pipe. Seems to help keep the sewer gases from downdrafting back into RV (if that is even possible). But I like wind vanes anyway so I put it on. The other thing that might be at play is the bathroom vent fan. If it is on when you flush you will certainly draw tank gases into the rig when the ball valve is open and the vent fan is on. I have also discovered that if my sewer drain hose is straight into city sewer, it seems that sewer gases make their way into the rig. So, when I put the sewer hose on, I usually fashion a pea-trap into the hose so there is a block of sewer gases from entering the black tank.
Not to be gross, but a previous post mentioned that urine in the gray tank will sour the grey tank. I disagree. Urine is sterile unless you have an infection, it should not sour the grey tank - which is generally recommended to stay open anyway (unless you are boon docking). Maybe one of these suggestions will help.
MaxwellD is offline   Reply With Quote