View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 07:29 AM   #8
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
We went back to Idaho Falls over the weekend to play house in a couple of floor plans, and our original choice, the 3585SA remained our favorite. It even had the interior color/fabrics we wanted. Best of all, unlike the 3585's we'd seen at other dealerships, it had already been modified for the combo W/D. (I guess we hadn't noticed that on our last 30 visits and were still thinking about the units we'd seen elsewhere that had the drawers instead of the W/D prep.) We sat down with the salesman to get a price, which turned out to be a bit below the price for the same unit at 2 other dealers, plus this one has many options that we'd have had to add on the others. Deal done--we bought it. Now we're working on getting power, water, and septic to our land ASAP. Even if we have to boondock for a bit, we've going straight to the rig, along with our 2 Australian shepherds and 1 prima donna cat (all from the Humane Society, and the best animals we've ever had). And now I've been instructed by my not-computer-literate husband to ask Montana owners if the rather expensive extended warranty is necessary or a good idea and if the high-dollar interior/exterior (can do one or both) finish protector package is worth the money. We weren't pressured into either--just told to go home and think about it and ask other Montana owners. So, what do you think? By the way, so many of the things I've read in the MOC forums came in handy when we were in the buying process. Now I'm going back to print out all the cold weather tips because we will be living in the Montana when the temps hit well-below zero, accompanied by winds from the lake and mountains.
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote