View Single Post
Old 06-21-2004, 09:09 AM   #1
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Generators-Common Mistakes

Well, 2 weeks in Chicago on a generator was an experience. Had to laugh, my daughter found me cleaning a stall and goes "How come the toaster won't work"? After I showed her a couple times, it went smooth.

Just wanted to say, we purchased the little Honda 3000 and it ran the Air great. . Was able to enjoy TV also and and video games.

I did make a stuipd mistake tho, I forgot last trip when shutting down to turn off the electric heater for the hot water tank, and sometimes the generator would break a circuit and I couldn't figure out why. It wasn't until I noticed while starting the generator, it was pulling amps as soon as I started it, which lead me to check things out, and sure enough, after I realized what I did and shut off the electric hot water switch and only used propane, it never happened again.

The Honda 3000 will run the Air for those who are shopping. Of course others had much larger generators, but this one I can carry myself.

P.S. We had a great horse show. My daughter rode great. When I get some time I will update my webshots for all of you to see some current pictures.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote