View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 02:23 AM   #8
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Hello Roadrunners2, welcome to MOC. You can see,you'll get a lot of advice on "best truck". You just need to ask yourself what you want day in, day out. Do you live in "snow country and is it a daily driver". If so, a 4WD isn't a bad idea. You'll notice I have a 4X2 Long Bed. I use it only to pull the 5er and in 2 years and 32000 miles, I've not had a need for four wheel drive. Long verses short; You will lose ride quality and stability with a short wheel base/short bed. 3/4 ton verses 1 ton; a properly set up 3/4 will pull nearly anything Keystone makes. Keep in mind many cases, a 3/4 will PULL more than a 1 ton. The 1 ton will HAUL more. 6cyl. verses 8; there is a third fewer moving parts in a 6 cyl than an 8. Cummins has a design life of a minimum 300,000 miles and they have been known to go a million. Another thing, I've been places with the 3/4 (Like the local car wash) that a dually wouldn't fit and the turning radius is shorter on a 3/4. Peole will talk about power also. Keep in mind torque is what turns the wheels. All in all they are all good vehicles a capable of doing the job. Just my thoughts on it.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote