View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 03:36 AM   #10
Ren
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10954
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gkidsdlite

"Boondocking" I assume that means not staying where there are hookups, as in staying out in the desert? Scenery is the number 1 objective along with great places to ride our Harley on day trips so that we can send pics to kids and family to make them jealous LOL!!! Probably going to want to get that out of our system first, then graduate to a steady place to park for the winter, since we plan on coming back to northern IL in the spring! Can't stand to be away from grandkids for too long!!! We have not purchased our fiver yet but have pretty much settled on the Montana, after all they are the ones that we see more people with on the road! What is a good starter model or should we go "Whole hog" to start with? Thanks for the info and I will have more questions as we go along.

One of the mistakes I made for me personally is not getting the full body paint. Kinda kicking myself for not getting both the body paint and a level-up system. If you dont have a tow vehicle yet, I would HIGHLY recommend an F-450. After driving one this week its turning radius will not only put my F-350's to shame, but it would make even a toyota prius green with envy... pun intended..

Your second question on where to stay where its warm is an easy one. Where does every other snow bird go???.... Florida.. LOL. Lots of RV parks down here that will rent or sell sites. Im a personal fan of the Keys, a great place to take the Harley and lots to do.

You came to the right place. Ask lots of questions... we have answers!