View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 10:11 AM   #28
Beau2010
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18355
We tow the same rig as the original poster. First few years with a '01 2500 2X4 and last two with a '16 3500 2X4. The newer truck is certainly taller than the old one; I now carry a stool so I can reach the tool box in the bed where I could easily reach it in the old truck. (6'1" tall) However, with the auto-level system, the '16 lowers itself 1-2 inches after the weight of the rig is on it and the fiver tows level. In AZ we very rarely have snow, ice or mud on the roads we travel and anyway, we are retired and don't have to be anywhere at any specific time. We have traveled cross-country numerous times during winter weather. On occasion, we have just hunkered down for a few days until the weather/roads cleared. I have owned several 4X4s in the past and I tend to keep my vehicles for a long time; no trading every few years. That said, we have never been in a situation since we have been RVing the last 17 years where a 4X4 was required or even preferable. I understand that others may feel differently; that's just my opinion. Everyone has one.
Beau2010 is offline   Reply With Quote