View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #10
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

I always use the valve in the water connection center to fill the fresh water tank but I also make sure to remove the cap on the water fill at the rear corner to let the displaced air escape faster than it can otherwise escape through that little relief hole. Otherwise you are putting water in faster than the displaced air can escape and the tank will swell and could burst. It happened to one of our members while at a Fall National rally so now I make sure to give that air an escape route.
Rupturing the tank is always a possibility in any situation. The vent could be plugged up, etc. That said, in all cases for me so far, I have not had an issue with overpressurization. I have seen areas where the water pressure is high, and that merits caution. That should be what the water regulator would be for. So far, each time I have filled using this method, the water just flowed slowly out of the vent when the tank was full. Of course, if you get distracted and forget you are filling the tank..........
As in all cases, do what you are comfortable with!
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote