View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 03:31 AM   #7
Slufoot733
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9928
I recall reading something about Job 1 radiator problems. In fact, I was talking with one of the diesel tech at the Ford dealer who fixed my truck before hand. I stated I thought I had a rad leak. He looked at me and said, "yea, drivers side, lower corner." And guess what, that's exactly where it was. He knew without even looking at it. A week later I took it in for the repair. During all this there was lots of conversation and reading. The thermostat issue also came up in conversation but getting them to say "oh it's all our fault, it's covered" isn't that easy. The purchasing dealer is 22 miles away. The dealer who fixed it is 4 miles. I had a problem with the fixing dealer four years ago and didn't go back. But, they have new personnel there now (one of whom I know from years ago, and truct him). I now feel better about going locally. I have now established a new relationship with them. They did me a favor and I appreciate it. I will send a letter to the owner expressing my appreciation and will go back for other service. But this is a love/hate relationship. One day we'll be buddies, the next who knows. I will stay close to the issue and IF I have more problems I will approach them loaded with all the info I can muster.

By the way everyone.............................MERRY CHRISTMAS !
Slufoot733 is offline   Reply With Quote