View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 06:49 AM   #16
ALAN
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4279
Thanks to all of you for your great advice. You would think by this time in my life I would realize that my debit card can be used to obtain cash, not just pay the bill in question. We pay all of our bills that we can with either our AE blue cards or Visa/MC. I will investigate the possibility of getting cash back with my credit cards. I always thought these were considered cash advances. Fortunately for our finances, my wife prefers to pay for everything in cash unless it is over $100. As a result we never have large credit card bills, nor carry any balances. She would not allow me to do that. I tried to pay part of our truck purchase with a credit card, ($10,000 max allowed by the dealer), but my wife would not let me do that unless I could show her we had the funds to pay the bill when it came due. I am trying to re-educate her that on the road, that would mean we would have to carry a lot of green. I have also requested from Bank of America a list of the states they have offices. Their web site was not of much assistance in this regard.

Once again thanks for your advice.

Alan & Kathy
ALAN is offline   Reply With Quote