View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 02:07 PM   #4
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarWin View Post
You should have no issues what so ever , as long as you have drained your water heater and left the anode rod/plug out of it. When you bypass the heater, then blow air thru lines, it gets any remaining water out of them.

So, I just winterized ours yesterday with the blow out method. It's the only method that I used on our last camper, and never had any issues.

However, on our last one, we didn't have an anode rod when we got it. First owners had just installed a plug, and it was rusted in there. I ultimately was able to get it out, but I never did put an anode rod back in, I instead, installed a brass shutoff valve, so I never had to take that plug out again.

So, with our new Monty, I took out the anode rod, drained the tank, and then put the anode rod back in. I was worried about bugs getting into the water heater. Not worried about them living in there, but more worried about them decaying in the water and making it smell.

Is that something that people have issues with? We have a LOT of bugs that find their way into small places...
CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote