View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 02:38 AM   #5
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
I deliver rv's for a transport company in Goshen, IN. I find that very few dealers really check over an rv when it is delivered to the dealership. When I arrive at the dealership I sometimes have to search for someone to check in the rv. When somone shows up they really make me feel that they don't want to do the check in. I have had some tell me just unhook the rv, it's ok. The only dealership that went over the rv was one by Longmount,CO. a large dealership with one person who is in charge of check in. This guy spent hours going over the rv. He hooked it up to water. He hooked it up to lp. ran the furnace, range and hot water heater. He did the AC. To make this short he has the check in sheet from the manufactur and said that if you do not list all of the defects, they will continue to ship rv's with lots of problems. I send this check list back to the transport co. which sends it back to the manufactur. This guy was amazing, he new his job. To make this short if all dealers had a check in system , you would see fewer problems with your rv. because the manufactures has to pay the dealer to fix all the problems that the dealer finds. The problems are not sent to the buyer.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote