View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 02:56 AM   #7
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wiarton William

I wont argue with the officer but I certainly will check my websites to find out.......the formula used to calculate the number of days a person can stay there doesnt mention anything about leaving property down there..all it calculates is the number of actual days you are physically there for a three year period..which brings to mind.....if you owned a home or winter property down there somewhere they would consider you a permanent resident.......and.....in order to re enstate your OHIP all you have to do in come back into the Province for a couple of days and the 6 months starts all over again.....If you go to the CSA (snowbirds) website they have an explanation there and it might answer your question... I will check that for my own info to.......we were delayed at the border last year when we flew back to the RGV...the RV and truck were there we had a nasty time with the border patrol .....she insisted that we were going to be living there for more than 6 months, and wasnt going to allow us back in....wont belabour the point, but they are sticklers for some of the rules.....will get back to you on it..
Thanks William, I have scoured the web without finding a clear answer. I think I will try writing a real letter asking for a clarification.
Are you still in Wiarton? Did Wiarton Willie see his shadow this Groundhog Day?
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote