View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 05:04 AM   #8
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
No offense taken to any remarks, I'm just trying to see if anyone else has had a similar problem. Yes, the humidity does play a role in the heat here. Today for example it will be 92* with 90% humidity.
The power was an initial thought, but it is now at 3 different campgrounds so far. As far as debris, I've ran cameras from the ends back towards the AC unit and the dealer ran one yesterday from the AC unit in. No debris was found, just a couple of places that needed to be sealed with tape to stop small air leaks. I've taken the returns down and we've done draft tests and all seem to be fine with them.
For those that haven't seen the new style AC system, it is a "race track" design that makes a big oval between the two units. It's called the Dual Whisper Quiet AC system. IT has two 15K units on it. There is not a "quick cool" feature on the new style units anymore to make them more quiet. There are 6 vents in the main part of the camper, one in the bath and two in the bedroom. These vents are on the ducts that are in a circle so to speak. The other style ducts are just long rectangle style duct systems that are blocked off on the ends, thereby increasing air flow. The new style just doesn't force the air out of the vents as much as they should as there is nothing to build pressure against.
As I stated in the first post, we've had two new Sandpipers in the last 5 years and a toyhauler, all could be cooled easily on just the one air in the center of the rig. I could open the "air dump" on the unit and cool the camper with a great deal of forced air, nothing like this can be done with the new units. There is just not enough air flow to cool the unit. Also, the other units were 42ft long units, a little longer than the current Montana.
Just not happy right now..