View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 03:37 AM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Take your return air vents down and check the filters, see if there is any sawdust and etc in them, and also take a mirror and flashlight and check the vents to see if they have collapsed and how much debris in them. There seems to be a problem with these vents collapsing. I found one of mine had and I took a piece of 2X2 wood, cut it to the correct length and put it up in the middle of the vent to hold it open. It has worked wonders as to air flow in the unit. Also the 30 amps is enough to run the two units but it really could be damaging the units because there is barely enough power to handle the two units and there is always other draw from things in the Monte that you don't think about using power. We also use a small fan to blow the air either from the front A/C to the rear of the unit or from the back to the front. We seldom ever run both unit at once and we have hot, muggy temps here in Nebraska. Also, you have to remember that the Monte is not insulated like a Stick and Brick and you will never get it to cool down like it does at home. Keep us informed on how your trip to Myrtle Beach goes with your 50 amp hookup.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote