View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #8
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
gojodo,

In the size you are needing there are several options available that, IMHO, are better than the Generals.

1. Michelin LTX M/S2 - This tire has a limited 70,000 mile tread wear warranty. As far as I know, it is the ONLY LT rated tire that offers any kind of tread wear warranty from the manufacturer. Cost, after mounting and balancing, should run around $240.00 per tire.

2. Firestone Transforce H/T or A/T - These tires don't have a tread wear warranty, but they consistently get 65,000 to 70,000 miles. I sell hundreds of these tires and have never had any type of failure due to materials or workmanship. Cost, after mounting and balancing, should run around $170.00 each for the H/T and $185.00 each for the A/T.

3. Bridgestone Duravis R500 HD - This is a commercial grade, heavy duty, light truck tire, the same tire I have on my Montana, and the same tire I have installed on several other trailers, as well as on numerous light trucks. There is no tread wear warranty on this tire, but 60,000 to 65,000 miles can be expected. Cost, after mounting and balancing, should be around $223.00 each.

4. BF Goodrich Commercial T/A - Again, no tread wear warranty, but rated for 50,000 miles. I don't have any hands on experience with this tire, but I have heard from people I trust that it is a very dependable tire. Cost, after mounting and balancing, should be around $190.00 each.

5. Goodyear Wrangler S/A PG - This tire is rated for 50,000 miles, but like the others, carries no tread wear warranty from the mfg. Not being a Goodyear dealer, I have sold only a small quantity of this tire, so my experience with it is also very limited. Cost, after mounting and balancing, should be around $256.00 each.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote