Thread: Weights mindset
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 01:04 PM   #1
scottkeen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20894
Weights mindset

I posted a thread about plate and silverware place settings, and how much to have for 1-person (me!); thinking that from a GVWR perspective I should take as little as possible, only what's necessary. Plastic tumblers instead of glassware, etc.

But then when I consider that I have (2) spare tires and wheels weighing close to 100 lbs each, then how much difference does have plastic tumblers really make?

I understand that "every ounce counts" and storage is a premium.

But I guess I need to understand better the mindset when it comes to weight and space. Should I get rid of the extra spare tire? Or is the rule "for safety, weight and space saving rules no longer apply". Speaking of "spare tires", should I go on a diet (Yes) so I can take along an extra frying pan? How far do you go with this?

Just trying to get the right mental mindset of how to approach all this vis-a-vis convenience and safety.

PS. I ended up with 2 spare tires because the dealer told me there wasn't one included, so I bought one before I went to pick up the trailer. Well, the dealer was wrong. There was a spare tire. So now I have 2.
scottkeen is offline   Reply With Quote