View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
High Country A/C

After talking to the dealer where I bought my H.C. I found out that they are not wired for a ducted/thermostat controlled A/C.
EDIT: Oops, I should have specified I was talking about a SECOND A/C unit!
The H.C. IS "wired" for a second A/C (the actual unit) but it only has a single zone thermostat and there is no wiring from the A/C location over to where the thermostat goes. None of them are equipped that way according to the sales manager (part of the "Helium Technology"?)
So, looks like my only option is to go ahead and get the second A/C and just have it dump cold air into the bedroom. Still going to do it I guess, just not as effective as having it ducted and controlled by the thermostat.
Two options are the standard unit and the "low profile" unit (both 13.5 BTU) which he said is what they usually install in the front location. Makes sense, but it is quite a bit more expensive too.
Also, decided to get the fireplace installed by them since so many recommend it.