View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Yellow Diesel Containers...

Maybe it’s just me but I casually mentioned to a fellow worker the other day about picking up a couple of the yellow diesel cans at a Lowe’s store. He told me they were a piece of junk and they wouldn’t pour. Well I tried to empty one of the cans today after it had been filled up with diesel fuel and I know what he was talking about. I already had this preconceived idea I guess that it wasn’t going to work. I really didn’t expect it to be as difficult as what it turned out to be.

The nozzle has a lock and un-lock position on it. I kept trying without success to push in on the nozzle and catch it in an unlocked position so I could continue the task at hand but it simply wouldn’t work for me. I just couldn’t keep it in an open position for it to work.

Finally I got the D/W to look at it with me and she looks at the label on the side of the can first, explaining that you had to tip it up and it had a hook that had to be caught on the side of the tank or whatever you were pouring it into. It simply rested on the side of the tank and the weight of the can kept it open while filling.

I suppose it would help if I would have looked at the instructions to begin with but being a man I decided I could figure it out. I learned a long time ago to listen to the D/W but sometimes my manly ways get in the road and cause more frustration than necessary.
It’s great to be married to such a great partner!