View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #18
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Red face Update on new 3810

Well, we're moved in (for the most part) to the new 3810. So, I thought I'd give an update. First, we love it. We really like being able to see out the "front" in the window. And this unit has lots more windows, for an "open" feeling. Being an old building engineer, I have to tear into everything. So, for starters I traced out the entire TV cabling system. It was pretty easy. Then I went to work on the entertainment center. Pulled the radio/DVD player. Found that they had left the inline fuse on the unit. Totally inaccessible unless you pull the unit. If it quit, and you didn't know about the fuse, you would tear your hair out. I have since removed it, since it was redundant because the main breaker panel protects that circuit. No provision was made for a satellite receiver, so I bored a hole in the back of the cabinet to run the wires for that. Then I replaced the cheap sound bar with a new Sony bar with a subwoofer, which is behind the fireplace. The pseudo brick façade and fireplace were easy to remove. Next to the HVAC system. Cleaned all the sawdust out. Then, checked return ducts for both front and back units. Cleaned them out, then inserted 1 inch PVC pipe to keep the duct open. Yep, it was almost closed off. Love the tall bathroom ceiling. Love the new Intervac vacuum system. Has the "floor" sweep feature, with a hose hookup next to it, and there is also now a hose hookup in the basement. It is pretty quiet, as the main unit is now mounted in the basement wall. Love the "interior lighting" which is LED rope lights, mounted behind the trim all the way along the ceiling, from rear of unit to the bathroom wall on drivers side, and all the way to the bedroom door on the other side. Also it's around the light fixture over the kitchen sink, and also over the cabinet at the front end of the kitchen area. Lots of lighting. I have already done some other mods, more or less of a minor nature. All in all, we are very pleased with the new unit, so far. Shake down cruise coming next month. Oh, and we finally got our answer as to what the MS stands for after the model number......it means "Master Suite"........!!
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote