View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 04:56 PM   #20
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
sapest: I don't know if you have been asked by either the American border service or the Canadian Border Service for the Certificate of Origin or why you are needing one.

You are mistaken about Canadians never seeing the Certificate, I have a copy of the one for my Montana. This document has "nothing" to do with the end user, it is a document that certifies that Keystone RV is the owner of the RV and is transferring it to the dealer or distributor whatever the case may be. It has nothing to do with licensing but contains the following information for identification purposes for the transfer. Date of transfer, Invoice number, Vehicle VIN number, Make, Body Type, Shipping weight, GVWR and lastly the Series or Model.

The document shows the name of the Dealer/distributor and their address and is signed by an authorized representative of Keystone RV.

The dealer does not have to give you a copy of the document, mine did because I requested it, however it is simply a transfer of ownership of the RV from Keystone to the Dealer. Nothing to do with the end purchaser really.

If the RV was licensed in Alaska or wherever then the transfer to a new owner involves that paperwork, not the Certificate. How hard is it to go outside and check the VIN # against registration papers.

I am sorry but I don't see why it is needed whatsoever.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote