View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 04:46 AM   #34
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Here's the real problem with this thread and trying to trim or stock your tool boxes in general. Last night we stopped behind a Cracker Barrel in North Phoenix and when I went to adjust the slide valves to only put the bedroom slide out the knob for the livingroom slide fell off in my hand. The problem was a little allen set screw that had come loose. Since I carry a full set of allens both metric and US I was able to solve the problem fairly easily. I haven't used those allen wrenches in four years, but what do you do in the dark in the middle of the night? I admit I'm a little nuts since I carry four Dewalt tool boxes. The detachable top part is a clear storage box with adjustable compartments and the bottom is a tool box. I have plenty of room for spare parts and hardware and, since I've left tools out and then had to buy a replacement on the road, I only take tools out if I get a tool that will do the job of two or more and then remove them both.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote