View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #52
fauch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11342
Well the first thing you will have to do is prove that the tires have NEVER seen speeds over 65 mph. ...and again it does not matter how fast you were driving when the failure occurred. Overspeed causes belt shift. EVERY ONE OF OUR trailers, unless you bought it at the Keystone plant, have been subjected to the abuse of race truck drivers hauling trailers from Indiana to dealers all over the country. After the belt damage caused by centrifugal force has occurred, you are riding on time bombs. I am still anxious to see more folks get it through their thick, brand bashing, china bashing, keystone bashing heads, that ALL liability is transferred to the owner when care, custody and control of tires with specifications clearly marked on the sidewalls and trailers at shipping weights, become trailers at stocked, loaded, fueled, tooled, and provisioned weights. I personally will never tow my trailer riding on tires marked 3042 lb.. at 65 mph., even if they were made by Uncle Sam himself. I feel safer with my trailer riding on tires marked with (USA) DOT codes of 3042 lb.. at 106 mph., even if built by Ho Chi Minh himself.... and i guarantee you that most of us tow beyond 65 mph. ... so for me, it's LT tires at proper weight rating with at least a 106 mph speed rating. WIth the four RVs i've owned, i have changed tires to LTs immediately after purchase, and have not had a blow out in 36 years.

So why would we insist that Keystone or Goodyear, or any other entity would assume liability on a product that was more than likely subjected to conditions beyond it's documented, labeled, AND TESTED specifications. A class action suit would place responsibility on the individual consumer to prove that his or her tires have not been used at speeds, loads, and pressures outside the labeled specifications.

Tire load ratings are a function of many factors, one being the specified maximum speed stamped on the tire. Traveling safe is a function of all of us realizing and knowing the capability of our equipment.
fauch is offline   Reply With Quote