View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #43
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Send a message via MSN to Rainer
Reading posts here and on the Outbacker's forum, it's blatantly apparent that folks problems are predominantly with ST tires, not LT tires. Although ST tires are specifically made for trailers, according to my observations, on both forums as well as personal experience, they tend to fail an inordinate amount of times more than LT tires, which are supposedly meant for light trucks.

I doubt if the number of clipped curbs would significantly change with either ST or LT tires, nor would the tire squirm caused by slow, hard turns, which may also be the impetus for tread separation. If anyone has any information on the contrary I'd love to hear it.

The bottom line is that the ST tires the Keystone puts on their travel trailer and fifth wheels should not be acceptable to the RVing public. I can understand why Good Sam and TrailerLife won't come out on this issue is because they would never bite the hand that feeds them.

I have formally started my quest to find a binding legal solution to this industry wide problem. I am also contacting my local U.S. Congressman to make him aware of the situation and requesting assistance to prevent further incidents (or worse) like mine.

No more talk. It's time for action. Either get on the bus (or RV) or get out of the way. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. You read it here first!
Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote