View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 06:43 PM   #4
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodellj View Post
I am wondering if anyone has found a better alternative for sealing the camper against mice than the Great Stuff Insulating Foam Sealant. Great Stuff really is great, but it is messy, hard to control, permanently stains clothing, and worst of all seems to be a single use item for about $7 per can. The application straw now has a little tab to bend the straw back and park it, but this will not provide a good way to store the can between uses. It just dries out and becomes useless.

BTW, Great Stuff Pro Dispensing Gun Cleaner works well for cleanup if you use it right away, especially for tools and if you get some on yourself accidentally. It seems to be mostly acetone, and it doesn't work at all after the Great Stuff is dry. I've used the cleaner successfully to flush the application straw but the aerosol can itself must be cleaned thoroughly at it's opening and I've had mixed success at this. I think I've successfully re-used a can for a second time only once in about 3 tries.

I'm not asking for suggestions like steel wool and dryer sheets. Please only respond if you've found something better than Great Stuff for physically permanently mouse-proofing and sealing your camper.

I did some work under the kitchen sink and right now it appears that it is going to cost me $7 for a single-use can Great Stuff to finish the job.
I have never tried to clean one but I do buy extra ones, 5 for five bucks. I leave the cured one on and put a new one on when needed, always works & you get to use the whole can. You can find them on ebay & amazon.
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote