View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 07:23 AM   #32
Back2PA
Established Member

M.O.C. #22203
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVingUSA View Post
We have a 2011 38' 3400. It has the Splendide washer/dryer combo in the closet to the right of the door. The top part of the closet is divided in half, the right side being 3 shelves and the left side for hanging coats and stuff. That works great for us.

Our cons is that the bathroom (toilet area) is a bit small. As you know the sink vanity is in the bedroom area. We wish there was a pocket door or something to close of the bedroom from the bathroom area so that when hubby gets up early to take a shower all the lights and noise don't bother me as I'm still trying to sleep.

I think our couch is a full size couch. The desk chair can be made into a step ladder and is very heavy.

I know there are others that hate the combo washer but I'm fine with it, have one now and had one in the previous coach. I've gotten where I can get thing out without too many wrinkles, and it's not as if I'm washing my fine evening wear in there! And it's a huge space savings over stacked, which is a bigger deal to me.

Re the small toilet area, I spent several hours in a 3400 at the dealer I'm currently working with (same place I bought my coach and conveniently across the street from where I'm temporarily parked). After really spending some time I'm not keen on the bathroom setup on the 3400. It's just me but there's a chance I'll have the occasional buddy over or one of my daughters, and just having the little sink in the bedroom isn't feeling as "home like" as I'm looking for. I currently have two vanities, one in the toilet area with a decent counter and good cabinets, and a second setup in the bedroom similar to the 3400. (Quite similar to the Everest 348R but my shower is across the aisle.) While I do occasionally use the bedroom sink I could do without, but I really do like the feel of the "bath in a box" as others have called it - toilet, shower and sink in a true seperate room, with a hallway leading to the bedroom. (This is actually the exact setup I had on my 1994 40' Bounder - a side hallway with doors to the bathroom and bedroom.) I realize hallways are a waste of space, but I really like the feel it gives to the rig. This causes me to lean towards the High Country 343RL and aforementioned Everest, along with the Mountaineer 324RLQ and Copper Canyon 360FWQDS, there's also a couple Coachman 364SIQS & 320RLQ (am I allowed to mention those on a Montana forum?). Trying to see if there any examples of these in the Phoenix area so I can have a look, hard to know for sure just looking at pictures.
Back2PA is offline   Reply With Quote