View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 09:43 AM   #59
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
We have owned many rvs. All 5th wheels. We like the floorplan, the auto leveling, camera, etc.,. When we bought ours new in Reno the front and rear caps needed to be touched up. We took the rv to the body shop they recommended. IT SAT FOR MONTHS before the dealer touched it. When they did get on it, they put holes in the awning, dented the awning tube, ripped two vent caps off the roof and put the Montana cap decal on upside down... even tho not keystones fault it made me upset...
Now for the complaints... The fender screws backed off causing the fenders to flap while going down the road.. i fixed this.. The bathroom shower handles fell off, dealer used a glue gun to fix and the glue did not hold. The water heaterdid not work on electric, the dealer fixed this. The fifth wheel was brought back the thetford toilet would not hold water.. after the 3rd time of having dealer fix the toilet i paid out of my pocket to have a dometic installed.. problem solved.. Black tank handle was brought back twice as it would not close.. fixed..Interior rope light burnt out .. i wanted to repair myself, asked keystone who made the light so i can order a new one.. KEYSTONE said they wont tell me and to take it to dealer. The exterior black plastic molding that covers the screws at the top disintegrated after 1 year. The carpet has worn exremely fast. Our sob carpet still looked new after 13 years. The passenger side front tire wore very fast. The outside edge does not even last for 1500 miles. On second set if tires with about 4500 miles total. The refrigerator has stainless steel doors. They banged and dented against the cabinets and counter.. The slides in the living area have gouged and scratched the vinyl floor in various areas. While on a rough freeway the wood moldings came down.. We are using the rv now on the pacific coast.
The heater works the best ive ever had in an rv.. Fireplace works well, and so far after all the issues its been ok...
Buy another? Id look at others most likely.. wife loves the front kitchen model however.. They impoved the roofs, took carpet out on stairs, fixed the mirror over the sink issue.. use better tires. Just wish i could buy a fifth wheel with aluminum sidewalls and aluminum roof... Holiday Rambler and Alumiscape were that way..