View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 04:42 AM   #1
stashton

M.O.C. #28814
Question My 2006 Mountaineer has been sitting vacant for several years

Greetings! I am a complete newbie to RV's but have technical/mechanical skills and good with tools.

I recently purchased a nice piece of land in the Virginia Blueridge mountain foothills. My property came with a 2006 29 BHS Montana Mountaineer. I have only been to the camper once when I looked at the property prior to purchase. I went inside and everything seemed to be in good order, no odors or signs of leakage. The previous owner took immaculate care of it.

Since the previous owner had to leave the country for an extended period of time, the camper sat vacant for 3-5 years. Now I come into the picture and will be taking over the property and plan to use the camper while eventually building on the property. For now, it will just be used as a weekend retreat.

My question to the forum is: What should be the first things I should do to get this camper operational? I don't yet know what works and does not work. According to the previous owner, everything worked perfectly when he last used it.

I am sure that by sitting dormant for so long, there are bound to be problems with mechanical/electrical systems.

There is a 200 amp service at the site. I have downloaded the owners manual, but that does not seem to be helpful in this situation.

Other than general cleaning, what preemptive mechanical chores should I do prior to connecting power?

Any thoughts or guidance would be most appreciated.
stashton is offline   Reply With Quote