View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 07:29 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Congrats David

To remove the wallpaper border is not the problem, but, if you have it, you are going to need to replace it with other. As Judy points out you need to replace with as wide OR even better a bit wider. I, and others, have done so. The stuff they put that border on with would hold a 747 together without the extra use of bolts! Man, I have never encountered anything that is that sticky. NEVER.

Gasoline will not take it off, Fla Native did find something that does take off the sticky, but it is something that is not for sale commercially. A couple of others have been able to get a supply of the sticky stuff remover. They say it works great.

My situation was I had the paper off, and what I chose was 1/4 inch smaller and my hair stuck to the 1/4 inch left there. In a week all of it would have been covered with dust and fuzz too, hmmmmm, , wall paper border with a beard! Anyway, all kidding aside, I needed to get paper back up RIGHT then, so, I went out, bought something else, and put it up.

As far as ordering WITHOUT the border there, one can always ask, they can say no.

As far as the other questions, I'm with Judy, ask at the Rally!

Congrats,

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote