View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 03:49 AM   #29
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
I drive a dually crew cab. My reasons are that I like to carry alot in the bed of the truck - sometimes an ATV, sometimes my motorcycle, other times my generator and a whole lot of other stuff. With the dually, pulling a 327RKS (and a Mallard 30E in the past) I have always been able to load up with out worrying about being too heavy. At the time I purchased my truck the only 1 tons that were avalible from Chevy were the duallies. I understand you can now get a 1 ton crew cab thats not a dually from Chevy. I might consider it next time. I have 108000 on the truck now. At 65 - 70 I turn around 2100 rpms get between 7 and 9 gpm and drive in overdrive all the time with no problems. I figure maybe another 100,000 miles and it will be time to get another. Unless of course I find something I really like better then all bets are off. As for listening and believing what your truck dealer tells you beware. Some of them have a hard enough time telling the difference between a SUV and Truck let alone knowing anything about tow vehicles.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
1999 Chevy 454 Vortec Crew Cab Dually Long Bed
2005 327RKS TT
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote