View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 03:34 PM   #5
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
I have been considering this same unit. I struggle with knowing that my present options are many...dish anywhere within reason at ground level. I have also climbed on roof and lashed it to the standard TV antenna which I previously crank up and leave at zero degreess (up/down crank position)....Dish is always kept clamped to the Wingard Tripod 2ft post so it can be lashed or just inserted into tripod base. When on roof, once lashed, trailer previously level its always been plumb...I confirm with a small level, then using a boyscout compass have someone in coach use antenna knob to rotate it to proper heading while watching DirecTV signal bar...has not failed me yet! Use the roof position for those packed NASCAR infield things...and the on-ground for the relaxing boondocking trips. Quite a contrast (case-in-point) signature image shows it on ground tripod while boondocking in Assateague Island Md, pre-Ernesto which was a 2006 hurricane! Yes, TV, Monty, Lin & I sat it out...never again,poor judgement, got wheels, use 'em! Make like a tree, leave...
Chuck
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote