View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 04:23 AM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DonPd

I have been looking at adding some equipment to my TV. I have looked at the equipment offered by Banks Power. My questions; If you use banks equipment how has it performed, how is the warranty and will the install of the equipment void my factory warranty? I am lloking at adding a exhaust system, exhaust brake, gauges and six gun tuner.
Don,
I've had the Banks Power Pack on my F-250 for four years now. If it is extra power you want, you get it. As far as extra mpg goes, you will not get a lot. You do get 1 to 2 mpg increase while towing. I don't know how much I get empty because I'm rarely empty.

The Banks exhaust brake is a superior exhaust brake. I don't have experience with Pac-Brake or any others. I do like the Banks. Now, you have to remember, those who have the system will swear by it. Others will say it costs too much money. For me, since I travel coast to coast and border to border all year round, the Banks equipment filled my wants and needs. You get what you pay for.

The warranty is superb. Banks has even run my system through their diagnostics after I had some transmission work done and did some repairs that the other people missed. Didn't charge me a penny.

If you want more information directly from an engineer at Banks, call Tom Boardman at 800-438-7693 or 626-969-9600, Ext 4126. He will get all the information to you that you want. Tell him that it was suggeste that you call him.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote