View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 03:03 PM   #5
kwbosch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3237
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DonPd

I have been looking at adding some equipment to my TV. I have looked at the equipment offered by Banks Power. My questions; If you use banks equipment how has it performed, how is the warranty and will the install of the equipment void my factory warranty? I am lloking at adding a exhaust system, exhaust brake, gauges and six gun tuner.
Don,

I put the Banks Cat Back exhaust on my '04 2500 and gained just under 2MPG. Unfortunately, I lost all of the back pressure that the stock exhaust provided. I have the auto trans and there isn't an approved exhaust brake for it yet. When I take my foot off the accelerator, I coast forever.
But, don’t despair, we do most of our RVing in mountainous terrain and with a little care, you’ll do fine. I’ve pulled our Monty up and down Hwy168 out of Fresno, Ca. with several miles of 11% grade without incident.
Use a low gear and short firm application of brakes, allowing them to cool between applications and you can keep your speed under control.
As for the Six Gun, my truck has plenty of power in its stock condition. I’d rather not jeopardize my engine and drive train warranty. Read the forums on the Turbo Diesel Register. Most everybody will tell you that if you chip your engine your stock tranny will suffer. http://www.turbodieselregister.com/
I’ve rambled enough now.

Ken
kwbosch is offline   Reply With Quote